Based in Barcelona, Qustodio is a fast-growing internet safety startup whose mission is to provide a safe digital experience for every child. Our top product is a multi-platform parental control solution that is used and loved by hundreds of thousands of families worldwide. Qustodio has been rated Editors’ Choice by PC Magazine and is one of the leading brands worldwide for Digital Wellbeing.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to help us bring our product to the next level! The candidate would join our international Engineering Team and work together with engineers, UX experts and other stakeholders. They should be a team player with a passion for technology.
Above all, we’re looking for a talented professional, who's open for a great challenge and willing to learn new technologies, and ready to do whatever it takes to keep our customers and the business happy.
What You’ll Do
- Achieve excellence in development by contributing knowledge in leading technologies.
- Develop and implement systems using best practices and tools, document and communicate them, and optimise the user experience across Qustodio.
- Develop applications and tools to support experimentation, localisation, and customisation.
- Make complex things simple and build applications for millions of users worldwide.
- Be creative and bold to experiment with new solutions.
- Contribute on the definition and implementation of our brand new Design System.
What you bring to the table
- You are Visual Driven and strive to create software that wows people.
- You identify and propose improvements of visual structures with ease.
- You like to work alongside designers and define solutions together.
- You're proficient with CSS tooling and conventions (SASS, BEM, Atomic Design, ...).
- You're experienced with at least a JS framework (React or similar).
- You're proficient with JS toolchains (Webpack, Babel, Gulp, ...).
- Autonomy to create new projects from scratch.
- Fluent in English (we work in English).
Bonus points for:
- You've worked before before on the definition and implementation of a Design System
- You're an open-source contributor, and the proud owner of an active GitHub account
- Knowledge or interest with Testing
- Experience in agile workflow and all the tools that go with it
Soft skills that we like to hire
- Ability to work and communicate in a dynamic team environment
- Communication with non-technical people
- Innovative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Pro-active and collaborative mindset
- Organised and effective personal time management
Why work with us?
Great question! Here are few reasons...
- We’re in the very center of Barcelona, on the beautiful and emblematic Passeig de Gràcia
- Great culture - friendly and emphasises both teamwork and fun
- Our company is home to over 15 nationalities
- Flexible working hours - and there are possibilities to work from home
- Interesting challenges on networking, security, and scalability for you to grind your skills
- Competitive salary range
- Private Health Insurance
- In-house training and team building events
- Fully equipped kitchen with free coffee and fruits
- Free refreshments on Fridays afternoons
- Half day off on your b'day
- Flexible Benefits
- 23 days of holidays per year