Junior C++ Engineer
Based in Barcelona, Qustodio is a fast-growing internet safety startup whose mission is to provide a safe digital experience for every child. Our top product is a multi-platform parental control solution that is used and loved by hundreds of thousands of families worldwide. Qustodio has been rated Editors’ Choice by PC Magazine and is one of the leading brands worldwide for Digital Wellbeing.
We're looking for a C++ programmer who is willing to learn and join our international Engineering team!
- Take ownership of your areas of responsibilities within the Qustodio desktop team.
- Support with translating technical & business requirements into state of the art C++ technical designs & apps.
- Follow proper programming & design best practices and methodologies (UML, TDD, Scrum).
- Research customer support cases and improve the Desktop apps quality.
- Software Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- +1 year professional experience as a developer
- Passion for designing, building and implementing highly scalable multi-threaded high-performance distributed apps.
- Knowledge of C++ coding best practices.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactivity and initiative
- Capable to work within a team
- Flexibility and resolutive mindset
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of Linux/OSX and also Windows platforms.
- Knowledge of C++11 is desirable.
- Socket filters, SSL & Transparent proxies.
- Cross-platform code and cross-platform build processes (ie: Cmake).
- Knowledge of Qt.
- Knowledge of profiling & debugging tools/frameworks.
- Knowledge of Python and shell scripts.
- Continuous integration and Agile methodologies.
Why work with us?
Great question! Here are few reasons...
- We’re in the very center of Barcelona, on the beautiful and emblematic Passeig de Gràcia
- Great culture - friendly and emphasizes both teamwork and fun
- Our company is home to over 15 nationalities
- Flexible working hours - and there are possibilities to work from home
- Interesting challenges on networking, security, and scalability for you to grind your skills
- Competitive salary range
- Private Health Insurance
- In-house training and team building events
- Fully equipped kitchen with free coffee and fruits
- Free refreshments on Fridays afternoons
- 23 days of holidays per year