Product Design Lead
Based in Barcelona, Qustodio is a fast-growing internet safety startup whose mission is to provide a safe digital experience for every child. Our top product is a multi-platform parental control solution that is used and loved by hundreds of thousands of families worldwide. Qustodio has been rated Editors’ Choice by PC Magazine and is one of the leading brands worldwide for Digital Wellbeing.
We’re searching for a Product Design Lead who can help us make better products for our customers. This is a multifaceted role that involves working closely with user researchers, designers, product management, members of the agile teams, and other stakeholders. User researchers and designers will look to you to provide clear direction and hard skills development through ongoing project support, coaching, skills matrix evaluations, and more.
As the Product Design Lead, you’ll have the opportunity to construct and lead a talented team to design an experience that positively impacts the lives of parents and children worldwide. Day to day, you’ll manage a team of researchers and designers who are tasked with creating innovative and intuitive product solutions all across the site and our mobile applications.
You will play an important role in the company success through goal setting: ensuring we’re meeting our initiative and/or company-wide goals as well as feature-specific micro-KPI’s.
You will be in charge of setting the product design workflow and team structure that will enable streamlined collaboration between our designers, product, and engineering teams. You’ll evangelize and apply design principles and methodologies at scale in an agile organisation.
What you will be doing with us:
- Contribute to high-level strategy by crafting the UX roadmap aligned to the business goals.
- Drive design strategy for multiple initiatives from large iterative feature projects to experiments and optimisations.
- Partner with product management, marketing, engineering, and other stakeholders to ensure prioritising and delivering impactful experiences.
- Select, plan and drive customer discovery activities to uncover our users’ problems through moderated interviews, usability studies and other techniques.
- Lead the design team on design processes to create compelling user flows and ensure high quality consistent design outcomes.
- Help shape and evolve the company’s design culture.
- Coach, mentor and grow a team of talented designers to refine their individual skills.
What we look for:
- Proven track record running 5+ person product design teams with specialized responsibilities.
- Experience with B2C software or, at minimum, operationally complicated software (i.e not just single purpose apps)
- Experience with the tools used by modern design teams: Jira/Trello, Slack, Confluence, Figma, Invision, Sketch, Zeplin, etc.
- Natural leadership abilities including great communication skills (written, verbal and via presentation) along with the ability to give/receive critical feedback.
- Be comfortable using data and user research to support design decisions.
- Have a design portfolio that demonstrates a strong command of user research, intuitive user experience, visual design, and strategic problem solving.
- Work well in a fast moving, iterative environment.
- Love leading, coaching, mentoring and growing your team. It is imperative you are comfortable putting in place the structures and processes for a healthy and high-functioning design team.
- Want to seek out and develop a design process that encourages collaboration between other designers and product teams.
- Unafraid to change your opinion in the face of new information or understanding of the product goals—you have strong beliefs, but you’re open-minded.
- You are a creative thinker capable of translating vision and big ideas into meaningful, shippable products.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Qustodio. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
What can we offer you?
Great question! Here are a few reasons...
- Great culture - friendly and emphasizes both teamwork and fun
- Our company is home to over 15 nationalities
- Flexible working hours - and there are possibilities to work from home
- Interesting challenges in a fast-growing technology company for you to grind your skills
- Competitive salary range
- Private Health Insurance
- In-house training and team building events
- A modern and fully equipped office headquarters in Barcelona city center
- Daily fruit and beverages supply
- 23 days of holidays per year. Half day off on your b'day
- Flexible Benefits
- Team Building Events